Internet of Things (IoT) Example: Fire Alarm Management Application
This video gives an example for how to use AgilePoint NX to create a Fire Alarm Management application that uses IoT (Internet of Things) with a application.
A fire alarm management company faces a lot of false alarms that are reported each day. These false alarms reduce efficiency and delay emergency reaction times. Management at the fire alarm management company are not able to track the false alarms or delays. There is also no way to give feedback to the fire alarm sensor to change the alarm parameters temporarily in case of a false alarm.
- Connect the device that monitors the fire alarm system with the CRM system with an application.
- Create real-time tracking at each stage when an actual fire alarm has been reported.
- Control device settings over the network. This includes the ability to increase temperature limits for false alarms that are reset automatically when the exceptional situation is over.
- This creates enhanced security, improved efficiency, and reduced maintenance costs.
- When the temperature in a room goes above 90° F, an AgilePoint NX process starts where the device ID and current temperature are passed to the process.
- The process creates a new incidence record in Salesforce.
- A notification is sent through an e-mail and SMS message to a regional alarm supervisor that is on duty.
- The client profile data and past alarm history are retrieved from Salesforce, and show to supervisor with these options:
- Mark the alarm as a false alarm, and specify the new temperature limit and duration for which this limit. After that, the device resets to the original limit.
- Mark the alarm as valid, and notify the fire department to send a truck, and monitor various phases till the situation is complete.
- At the end, reset the device, and get feedback from the customer.
- AgilePoint - App Builder capabilities.
- Azure IoT Hub - Gets the messages that come in from Raspberry PI. If it is normal telemetry reading, it will be sent to Power BI for regular reporting. If it is critical fire alarm situation, it calls to AgilePoint.
- Salesforce - Manages the customer data. You could also use a different CRM system.
- Test console app - Shows the messages received from Azure, AgilePoint, and the device to keep a track of what is happening in the device and Azure IoT hub behind the scene
- BMP 280 sensor - Gets temperature, pressure, and altitude at regular intervals.
- Raspberry PI - Provides an interface between the sensor and software.